Wednesday, December 5, 2007

During my yoga session

I was doing yoga in my downstairs ashram today, with my mind empty and in contemplative prayer, when I felt the holy presence tell me to study the red words in John 3 where a nobody in particular was talking to the great teacher who people in my culture believe spoke the red words, and the great teacher told the nobody in particular that he must be born again. This really disturbed my sensibilities, so I emptied my mind to deconstruct this passage

You- I believe the great teacher was speaking to this man in particular, for he was old and in the old ways. He was telling him to emerge from those old ways and find his way into the kingdom of no particular location.

must- this word means something other than a demand that says that he must choose one or the other option

be- we all are, and can 'be'. We are called to just be.

born-we must emerge in this new birth that is by water and by spirit that will birth us into a new view of reality and help us to find ourselves removed from a Platonic dichotomy of opinion.

again- each day we must be reborn into the reality of the wheveritis and hereafter so we can engage the forevermore.

The speaker of the red words is wise. I am going downstairs to contemplate some more. Share your views, whatever they are can be right. The beauty of the hereandnow is that we all can be right in the moment.

No comments: