Thursday, December 13, 2007

Crystals and Light


As part of my homeopathic therapy for my hypothermia (see snow angel post), I was given some crystals and prayer beads by the local holistic healer. She explained that by praying contemplative prayers while emptying my mind would allow the light of the crystals to be effective in healing my inner darkness.

A great teacher named Jesus once said that he was the light of the world. It makes me wonder that if the source of the light in the crystals was the same source of the light in Jesus. It made me further wonder in Jesus used crystals to do healing as he was walking on this planet. Was Jesus a holistic healer? Did He us crystals when he healed inner darkness?

It was then that I saw the colors of the rainbow eminating from the crystals. This reminded me of the story of Noah's ark, and the rainbow. Does God use crystals in producing a rainbow also? Doe the fact that we can use crystals and make rainbows make us little gods and goddesses? Is the promise of the rainbow of diversity something that we should eminate while using crystals to eminate light? I think this conversation will be a good starting point at the Shepherds Crook this Sunday night. We will focus on the healing crystals of Christ.

No comments: