Saturday, December 15, 2007

Chronic during Communal Gathering



We were having a conversation during our Friday night gathering. As usual, we had incense burning and people pretty much chilling out all around our basement sanctuary. But I smelled something that I hadn't smelled for a long time: Mary-jane, the Chronic.

I have a real hard time being judgmental, but there is a law about smoking inside, and I assumed that also meant the Chronic. So I asked the young man to put the dutchee out. He freaked out, calling me a fascist, and explained to me that this is how he worships through mind expansion.

What should I do? I mean, he has a point. Should we be emerging from this society that places these rules on us that tell us how we must live? As christians, shouldn't we be non-judgmental and allow freedom to worship in the way that we please? How can one who likes weed be expected to engage in true conversation without it. After all, the holy books including the Bible don't prohibit marijuana, do they?

No comments: